BIGA Care is a Life learning centre for the community, a comprehensive library of information, resources, articles, and tools that can help people build on their abilities and learn how to live in a world that can be difficult, even for able bodied people. An important part of our service is to make anyone who has limitations feel they have the ability to conquer the big challenges that life hands out.
Since the project commenced we have had an overwhelming positive response from professionals working in the health and wellbeing industry and members of the community looking for advice related to health management. With this we have decided to give people the opportunity to be a mentor and play a major role in improving the quality of life for those living with a health condition
As a mentor you will aim to educate others by sharing experiences of your own limitations at different stages of their life or write an engaging article about health, wellbeing and fitness.
Here’s what you need to know
- Word Count Ideally articles would range between 200 and 800 words depending on the topic .
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted .
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to BIGA Care. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites .
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions that are not in line with our philosophy: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are not interested .
- Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences.All articles will pass through compliance and legal checks and final editorial content will be up to the discretion of BIGA Care.
Regular or ad hoc contributions are welcome, so if you are a first time or established writer with knowledge or experience with a condition we would love to hear from you.
- Connect with those in need in your local community .
- Find new skills or develop one you already have .
- Learn what people with a health condition needs and help them to find ways to meet those needs .
- You set a good example for those around you, one person can make a difference, but when that difference is multiplied it can be life changing
- You will have more career options for your career, if you become a mentor working in the health and wellbeing industry you will increase brand awareness. Should you not be working in the industry it will make your resume more rounded. In general people and prospective employers like volunteers because it means your willing to work, have compassion and are a team player.
- Qualified health and wellbeing professionals will receive a free basic listing . Learn more if you are a write you will receive a by-line with your details at the end of the article.
INSPIRE PEOPLE TO FIGHT FOR WHAT THEY ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT NO MATTER HOW HIGH THE GOAL POSTS ARE, OR AMBITIOUS THE VISION IS BECOME A MENTOR